August 5, 2016
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students:
Welcome to Benjamin Franklin Elementary School home of the Bull Dogs! Hopefully you had a safe and exciting summer vacation and are looking forward to an excellent school year.
We have made great strides educating our students and our goal is to continue with the appropriate educational leadership and strategies that will raise student achievement. With everyone working together, parents, teachers, support staff, community partners and administration, we are providing the recipe for continued student success!
The academic year for students will start promptly on Monday, August 22, 2016, at 8:45 A.M. Safety continues to be our first priority, therefore, below are procedures to follow:
Drop Off Procedures
- The students may enter the building at 8:15AM
- 1st through 4th grade students will meet their teachers on the playground and enter the building via the cafeteria
- Breakfast will be served from 8:20AM. to 8:45AM
- All kindergarten students will enter the building through the gymnasium
Pick Up Procedures
- The school day will end at 3:35PM (prompt pick up is imperative!)
- No student can be picked up after 3:00 unless a note has been provided the day of the pickup
- Kindergarten students will depart the building through the front entrance
- 1st and 2nd grade students must be signed out (ID required) and picked up from the cafeteria
- 3rd and 4th grade students dismiss from the playground area
- All bus riders will dismiss from the gymnasium
This school year, we will focus on the goals in the school’s plan (listed below). These goals will help offer a quality education to and for all of our students:
- Ensure that there is a system within the school that fully ensures school-wide use of data that is focused on school improvement and the academic growth of all students.
- Ensure that there is a system within the school that fully ensures consistent implementation of effective instructional practices that meet the needs of all students across all classrooms and aligns with Pennsylvania Framework for Teaching.
Again, we look forward to an exciting school year, and WELCOME!
Mr. Will Towson
Ms. Angel Doyle
Ms. Pia Peterson